Donald Altman, M.A., LPC, psychotherapist, former Buddhist monk, award-winning writer, and author of One-Minute Mindfulness will share his favorite One-Minute Mindfulness practices that can enhance your mindfulness work with clients. These easy-to-use practices are effective centering and stress-reduction strategies for working with mood disorders, anxiety, ADD, and PTSD. Donald will also explain how mindfulness recalibrates the brain by accessing the present moment.
- Use breathing as a powerful stress reduction method to counter anxiety
- Describe how to focus attention away from negative mood states by grounding awareness in the external world
- Explain a calming meditation for increasing concentration and shown to be helpful for ADD
- Create space from feelings of depression through affirmation and intention as a way to strengthen feelings of safety
- Use gratitude as a daily practice to create a new narrative and reduce depression
Plus Earn 1+ Free CE Hours.